McDaniel College Budapest 

Applying for the F1 student visa
I-20 Form.

McDaniel College will request the I-20 Form (Certificate of Eligibility for the Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status) from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service when you have met the following requirements:
  • Submitted the Certification of Finances form and bank statement (See here)
  • Presented a valid TOEFL Score Record with adequate scores (See here)
F1 Student Visa

Students are expected to apply for the F-1 student visa on an individual basis. (The issuance of the I-20 Form does not mean that a student will automatically receive the F-1 student visa.) You should visit the US Embassy website regarding information on applying for a visa, the fees, and scheduling an interview: (>home>Visas to the US>Non-Immigrant Visas)

The U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act states that every foreign national is "presumed to be an intending immigrant" until judged otherwise. Therefore, during your visa interview, you will need to prove to the Consular Officer that you have strong and stable ties to your family and home country to indicate that your stay in the US will be temporary and that you will not work illegally while there.

According to U.S. laws international students may only engage in employment off-campus after having completed at least one academic year in the U.S. There is, however, a great variety of job opportunities on campus for study abroad students as well.

The holder of a student F-1 visa may enter the United States up to 30 days before the designated registration date on the I-20 form. The holder of an F-1 visa may remain in the United States for up to 60 days following the completion of the study program.

McDaniel, Maryland